SCOTLAND'S LEADING 3 NIGHT LGBTQ WOMEN'S WEEKEND
WE'RE BACK FOR A 2ND YEAR!
Oban Lesbian Weekend is an inclusive weekend, run by LGBTQ women and non-binary people
for LGBTQ women and non-binary people.
TRAVELLING TO OBAN
Oban is 90 miles from Glasgow, 122 miles from Edinburgh
- Train - Tickets can be booked via www.thetrainline.co.uk. If you are getting the train, please BOOK AHEAD as it sells out in July. Plus you get the best prices by booking early.
- Citylink Buses You can catch the bus directly from Glasgow or Edinbrugh to Oban. The bus tends to be cheaper than the train. Prices from Glasgow start around £22 return. Please make sure you BOOK AHEAD, as the bus gets full in summer and people who haven't booked, sometimes have to wait for the next day for one.
- From the South - We'd recommend Easyjet or RyanAir for flying. Flights are from £15 each way from London or Bristol. www.thetrainline.co.uk if you want the train, or if you don't want to lose a day travelling, we'd highly recommend www.megabus.com - the night bus is from £9.99 each way.
- Megabus is not as bad as you might think. You get on at London Victoria around 11pm, sleep the whole way and arrive in Glasgow with plenty of time to catch the 8.20am Oban train or bus!
- London - Glasgow Caledonian Sleeper Train is amazing. They offer a full bedroom service or you can go for a seat on the sleeper for about £50 each way. https://www.sleeper.scot/.
- Car Sharing - We will be encouraging people to post on our FB group if you are happy to car share. See our lift share post on our featured facebook posts, HERE.
- Bike - Everything is within walking distance but you might want to bring your bike. If you are planning on staying at Oban's Camping and Caravan site, it's an easy cycle and it will save you a £10 or more taxi fare each way.
- It also means you can cycle to the Kerrera Ferry in less than 10 minutes instead of walking and Kerrera is lovely to cycle round.
- Local taxis - There are several local taxi firms including Lorn Taxis (01631 564744) and A2B Taxis (07493 120917)
PARKING IN OBAN
- The train station has a carpark for just £3 a day. It gets quite booked up though.
- The Corran Halls Carpark is right next to Dunmoore / Dunarle Guesthouses and just round the corner from our main venue, The Argyllshire Gatherings.
- Currently, prices are not showing as it is free in the winter, but we believe it's around £5-6 a day.
- There is also Shore Street Carpark, next to the Premier Inn, which is about £5-£6 a day.
- You may also want to leave your car a 15 minute walk away in free parking for the weekend.
- There is a free car park at McCaigs tower but please do not leave your car on a rare on street car parking space in this area for the weekend, as residents find it very hard to park their car.