ACCOMMODATION AT OLW
ACCOMMODATION IN OBAN SELLS OUT VERY QUICKLY OR GOES UP IN PRICE. Here is our host accommodation & some other recommendations. Many places have BOOK NOW, PAY LATER, WITH FREE CANCELLATION. .
MOST ATTENDEES BOOKED EARLY FOR A FANTASTIC DEAL. DON'T MISS OUT!
Please quote "Oban Lesbian Weekend", when booking!
DUNMOORE / DUNARLE GUESTHOUSES
OFFICIAL OLW ACCOMMODATION
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about Dunmoore / Dunarl, as we have booked the entire hotels.
* Dunmoore / Dunarle Guesthouses are less than 1 minutes walk to the Argyllshire Gathering Halls, right as you come into Oban.
*Most of the rooms have been recently refurbished. They have a kitchen with a hot breakfast available at a small charge and their rooms worked really well for our attendees last year.
* Single rooms from just £56 per night. Our booking site has rooms from the Friday to Monday but many women choose to stay a bit longer. Please email us if you would like to book extra nights.
OBAN YHA - OUR MAIN OLW ACCOMMODATION
Please contact email@example.com if you have questions about the YHA, as we have booked the entire hostel.
We have booked the WHOLE YHA, right on the seafront. Ideal for meeting other attendees & making friends!
- A lovely standard of Double, Twin, Accessible and dorm rooms! Private rooms are going fast, available with just a £65 deposit (booking info is below!)
Share an ensuite room with either 3 or 5 other Oban Lesbian Weekend attendees.
Dorms from £32.50 per night plus booking fee.
£6.50 for continental breakfast. Breakfast includes: Filter Coffee/Tea and orange or apple juice to drink. They have a choice of 5 cereals incl gluten free, fresh yogurt, fresh fruit, toast and a selection of fruit compotes, butter, jams and marmalade.
Oban YHA has a free car park and is approximately 8 minutes walk to the Argyllshire Gatherings and 14 minutes walk to Oban train station.
Our booking site has rooms from the Friday to Monday but many women choose to stay a bit longer. Please email us if you would like to book extra nights.
BOOK VIA Tel: 01631 562587 OR WWW.BOOKING.COM
- ALSO ONE OF OUR HOST ACCOMMODATIONS, SO YOU'LL HAVE OTHER ATTENDEES STAYING HERE.
- The Lancaster is on the seafront. It is quite dated but for a budget option, you couldn’t ask for nicer staff or a better value for money price.
- It's also next door to the Oban Bay and YHA, where many others are staying or enjoying the Oban Bay's hot tub or dinners.
- A full Scottish breakfast is available for £7 per day, bookable directly with the hotel on arrival.
- Cocktail bar overlooking Oban Bay.
- If you would like more than 3 nights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, prior to booking.
Please be aware some rooms are SMOKING, some are non smoking.
SMOKING ROOMS are great if you are a smoker. If you are a non smoker, please only book one of these rooms if you are happy that someone will have been smoking in these rooms and so there might be a smokey smell attached to the curtains etc. They are great value for money but we want you to be aware about the smoking.
ST ANNES & GLENGORM GUESTHOUSE,
CAMERON & TANGLIN GUESHOUSES (all owned by the same family run business)
- You couldn't get a better location! St Annes & Glengorm Guesthouse, on Dunollie Road, next street to our venue.
- SINGLE ROOMS FROM £40 PER NIGHT - If you’re quick!
- Cameron & Tanglin Guesthouse, on Breadalbane Street, the same street as our venue: Singles from £35PN, Twin ensuite from £75PN.
- Most rooms are BOOK NOW, PAY LATER.
PLEASE QUOTE OBAN LESBIAN WEEKEND WHEN BOOKING.
(Above Markie Dan's pub)
* Clean budget accommodation.
* Single rooms from £149. Prices will rise nearer the time.
* Quote Oban Lesbian Weekend when booking.
* Most rooms are not directly above the pub, so we’ve been told it’s not noisy but ask them if unsure!
OBAN BAY HOTEL
Looking for a bit of luxury? Choose the Oban Bay!
- Facing the sea & includes the outdoor thermal spa.
- In our view The Oban Bay and No 17 are the best hotels in Oban but for those happy to spend.
- Currently on booking.com for about £500 for 3 nights. Nearer the time, it’s around £600 a night!
- Great location, The Oban Bay, YHA & Lancaster are all next door to each other and 5-8 minutes walk from our main venue, The Argyllshire Gatherings.
We recommend the Premier Inn for fully accessible rooms.
Just a minute from the Oban train station but book quickly as the price will rise.
OBAN HOLIDAY PARK
IMPORTANT UPDATED INFORMATION ON CAMPING
Oban Campsite has been bought over by www.Highlandholidays.com. Advanced booking is now essential!!
- Campervan - £28 including electric hookup per Campervan with 1 or 2 people.
- Tent - from £20 per night for 1 or 2 people.
- Service bus does go during the day but you will need to ask the campsite for times.
- The campsite is 1.5 miles to town, so we’d recommend lift sharing or bringing your bike. It's a very easy bike ride.
- If you turn up as close to 12pm as possible and quote Oban Lesbian Weekend, the campsite will direct you to camping with other OLW women (subject to space).
- Please be aware that taxi's are approximately £10 each way to the Campsite (subject to change).
The website appears to have a few glitches but you can book over the phone: 03331 881 930, select Oban Park.